Sewer Line Repair
If a homeowner has an issue with a sewer line, they will need to get sewer line repair quickly. If a sewer line has issues, it can cause major wastewater backup into the home. This can pose a health risk for everyone residing in the home. It can also flood into the street and neighbor’s yard, which can also pose a risk of contamination and the homeowner potentially getting sued if it is deemed that it is their fault the line burst.
Potential Sewer Line Issues
Several different things can affect a sewer line. This includes:
• Blockage. If a foreign object has been flushed down the toilet or grease has built up, this will prevent wastewater from flowing down the line. The blockage may be small at first, but it will eventually build up and start backing up.
• Broken pipe. In some cases, shifting soil or frozen soil can break the sewer line.
• Bellied pipe. A bellied pipe is where part of the pipe has sunk into the grown. Poor soil conditions typically cause this. When this happens, all the wastewater and debris will collect in this area, causing backups.
• Corrosion. Older sewer line pipes may deteriorate and break.
• Roots. Roots can grow into the sewer line, causing blockages and breakage.
• Leaking joints. The joints that surround the pipes can break. This will allow wastewater to flow out of the pipes.
• Poor piping. If poorly laid and poorly constructed pipes are placed in, this could lead to the destruction of the entire septic system.
Signs of A Septic Line Issue
Some signs will tell homeowners that they need a Sewer Line Repair.
• Strange sounds. Strange sounds like gurgling or slurping may be heard when using the drains. This tells the homeowner that there is a clog or issue somewhere in the line.
• Horrible smell. If there is a smell like rotten sewage coming from the drain lines, it is an indication that the wastewater is not flowing properly.
• Not draining. If the drain lines will not drain at all, this is a strong indication that something is wrong.
• Wastewater backups. If a homeowner flushes their toilet and wastewater comes up through their bathtub or sink drains, there is a major problem with the sewer lines that need to be addressed immediately.
Sewer Line Repair Near Me
When a homeowner sees any of the issues above with their sewer line, they will want to find sewer line repair immediately. If left untreated, the problem will only get worse and more expensive. When you have a plumbing professional come out, they will get to the root of the problem. They can inspect the entire sewer line to find out what is broken. Typically, they use a video camera to go through the homeowner’s entire septic system. This will allow them to see where the issue is. Once they locate the issue, they can start the repair.
If a homeowner has any issues with their sewer line and needs a sewer line repair, they should call Gold Star Plumbing as soon as possible. Gold Star Plumbing offers friendly and reliable service and will ensure that the sewer line problem is corrected quickly.